Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
As mentioned in our school ethos, “We work tirelessly on building and nurturing respectful relationships and use the Thrive® Approach to prepare our children for life’s emotional ups and downs.” We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At HCFS we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum.
Additional support- For those who may have short-term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement. In this instance, we will use the Thrive Approach.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions where parents, professionals and the school work closely together.
Should you need any further support, please start by getting in contact with your child's class teacher and we will see what support is needing to be offered.
Click the links below to visit these support websites.